CYBT-413055-02 External Wake-up.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Akshay_C
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 questions asked 5 sign-ins

Hello Team,

We are working on  CYBT-413055-02 MOD board which uses CYW20719 (QFN-40) SOC which is coin cell driven application,

This module is going to in-tract with external MCU for data advertising. Normally  CYBT-413055-02 Module would be in sleep mode &  we need to do an external wake up  (event based), this  wake up will normally approx. after every 15 to 20 seconds.

The problem is like this,

This particular module which uses CYW20719 (QFN-40) SOC does not seem to have external wake up pin (BT_DEV_WAKE) is this correct? 

However we have alternative CYW20719 (WLCSP-134) SOC seems to have a wake up pin (BT_DEV_WAKE) so,

1. Is there any way in this module to do external wake up by a pin.

If Not,

2. Can we do a power on reset through GPIO connected to VDD of Module?

Thanks & Regards!

0 Likes
1 Solution
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @Akshay_C ,

1. Regarding using wake up pin, can you check this thread?

https://community.cypress.com/t5/Wireless/REG-cybt-413055-GPIO-interrupt-pin-details/td-p/274872

2. I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly? Are you asking if you can do a power on reset by controlling (cutting off) the VDD supply? 

Regards,
Bragadeesh

View solution in original post

4 Replies
BragadeeshV

Hi @Akshay_C ,

1. Regarding using wake up pin, can you check this thread?

https://community.cypress.com/t5/Wireless/REG-cybt-413055-GPIO-interrupt-pin-details/td-p/274872

2. I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly? Are you asking if you can do a power on reset by controlling (cutting off) the VDD supply? 

Regards,
Bragadeesh

@BragadeeshV 

Thanks For Your Reply,

Yes sir by cutting off external supply using external MCU GPIO as a switch.

if Yes then will it affect the hardware life of BLE module or BLE components?

Thanks!

0 Likes
BragadeeshV

Hi @Akshay_C ,

It is not recommended to cut the power supply of the chip when the rest of the GPIOs are connected to external circuitry. This could damage the chip. You can use the XRES pin to hold the device at reset.

It is always recommended to put the device in low power modes to save power. Did you check the low power modes of this device as mentioned in the previous post?

Regards,
Bragadeesh
Akshay_C
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 questions asked 5 sign-ins

Hi @BragadeeshV 

Thank You so much for support,

Yes we have read through low power modes as mentioned in link, that is our first preference, but on this chip the external wake pin was not mentioned earlier hence we asked this question.

So now we know any GPIO can be configured, we will now check that out & we will post the result here.

Regards,

Akshay

0 Likes