CYBT-353027-02 Initialization

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AdarshMaurya
Level 2
Level 2
25 sign-ins 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

Hello,

I'm new to this CYBT-353027-02 Bluetooth module. I'm trying to integrate CYBT-353027-02 bluetooth module with my controller. I want to understand how to initialize this Bluetooth module. What are the library files I'm supposed to use and where can I find those library files.

Thanks in advance,

Adarsh Maurya

0 Likes
1 Solution
advait_kulkarni
25 likes received 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored
0 Likes
13 Replies
advait_kulkarni
0 Likes
AdarshMaurya
Level 2
Level 2

Hello @advait_kulkarni 

I'm using "AIROC Bluetooth Test and Debug Tool" for Testing of CYBT-353027-02. I can able to Advertise classic bluetooth signal but I can't able to connect to it using my smartphone bluetooth, It's displaying "Remote User Terminated Connection" in debug tool. How do I solve this.?

and also for few commands it's saying "Invalid HCI Command Parameters". How do I resolve this.?

0 Likes
advait_kulkarni

Hi @AdarshMaurya ,

You need to 1st set it discoverable and connectible (create connection). Please refer to this user guide for CYBluetool: https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiTjfzGu8n9AhWrTWwGHS2VCJ...

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni

0 Likes
AdarshMaurya
Level 2
Level 2

Hello @advait_kulkarni 

I have been following the same Document. I was able to set the module in discoverable mode but when I try to connect with my smartphone, while pairing it gets disconnecting saying "disconnected due to incorrect pairing code", This error is displayed in my phone.

Thanks in advance

Adarsh Maurya

0 Likes
advait_kulkarni

Hi @AdarshMaurya ,

Can you send me the screenshots or the logs on the cybluetool? Also, which example are you using for testing?

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello @advait_kulkarni 

I'm attaching screenshots of the debug tool as you requested.

Here whenever I try to connect with the Bluetooth module but it's getting disconnected saying "pairing failed because of an incorrect pairing code" in my smartphone.

Thanks in advance

Adarsh Maurya

0 Likes
advait_kulkarni

Hi @AdarshMaurya ,

Are you using Bluetooth LE or Bluetooth classic? Also since you are connecting to your mobile, I believe your mobile phone would be the central device in your case. So you need to set the advertising parameters accordingly.

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni

0 Likes
AdarshMaurya
Level 2
Level 2

Hello @advait_kulkarni 

I'm using Bluetooth classic. You mentioned that I need to set the advertising parameters accordingly. Can you explain what parameters I need to use to make it work?

0 Likes
advait_kulkarni

Hi @AdarshMaurya ,

For bluetooth classic, you need to set "allow connection from all devices" in the event filter and then do inquiry. I believe you must have already done it by following steps from the userguide. Although, in userguide, the instruction refer to connecting two devices with each other, but since you are using mobile phone, let me check and get back to you incase there are any additional steps to be followed. 

Also one more question, can you please explain the application you are building? And hence, you have chose to use the chip in HCI UART mode? Because, if your application can have the chip be in embedded/application mode, you can directly use our code examples and download them using modustoolbox to pair with your device.

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni

0 Likes

Hello @advait_kulkarni 

Our application is a linux based system. Previously we're using BT121 in our application, we send data from our MCU through UART to BT121 which transmits that data to smartphone  and viceversa. Since BT121 is EOL we're looking for an alternative and our vendor suggested CYBT-353027-02 module. From document I got to know in order to write commands into the module we supposed to use HCI UART so I'm using HCI UART mode. If there's any other way of writing commands please let me know. I want to integrate CYBT353027-02 Bluetooth module to send data between android device and our Linux based system.

0 Likes
advait_kulkarni

Hi @AdarshMaurya ,

In that case, please use the standard HCI command format (RAW HCI UART commands) to communicate between your linux host and the module. You can refer to this article to check the RAW HCI UART format: https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/Sending-AIROC-HCI-UART-and-RAW-HCI-UART-co... . In case you want to do some firmware download to the module from the host, you can refer to this document: https://github.com/Infineon/btsdk-docs/blob/master/docs/BT-SDK/AIROC-HCI-Firmware-Download.pdf

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni

0 Likes

Hello @advait_kulkarni 

I referred article you shared https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/Sending-AIROC-HCI-UART-and-RAW-HCI-UART-co... and tried to communicate with the module from RealTerm using both AIROC HCI UART  and RAW HCI UART commands. I was able to write and read only when I used RAW HCI command. In that case is it wrong to refer HCI control protocol document ?. Is there any resource available  to refer, in order to use RAW HCI commands? Had a go through this resource TI HCI . If I want to use functions to write commands onto the module what are the library files I should use and where I can  find them?

0 Likes
advait_kulkarni

Hi @AdarshMaurya ,

I am working on your problems regarding PIN code authentication from the thread: https://community.infineon.com/t5/AIROC-Bluetooth/CYBT-353027-02-serial-communication-using-J1-UART-... and will update you there ASAP.

Closing this thread to avoid duplicates.

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni

0 Likes