CYBT-353027-02 HCI stops on audio stream

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
oskla129
Level 2
Level 2
First like received 5 replies posted First solution authored

Hi,

I have an issue such that when I play audio via A2DP or have an open SCO connection the HCI UART interface stops working.

When I stop the audio stream the HCI interface resumes operation.

BR,

Oskar

0 Likes
1 Solution

I don't have a CYBT-353027 on my hand. I tested the audio_headset demo with CYW20706 eval board which use the same device with CYBT-353027.

After I download the demo and connect with a phone, I use the client_control tool "AVRC CT" panel to send HCI command. It works fine when the A2DP music is on. I can successfully use the play/pause/next... function.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Which SDK are you using and which demo are you referring to? 

What's the HCI function in your application?

0 Likes
oskla129
Level 2
Level 2
First like received 5 replies posted First solution authored

I am using the example at https://github.com/Infineon/mtb-example-btsdk-audio-headset as starting point. 

HCI is used to receive commands like play, pause, answer call etc.

I use ModusToolbox 2.4.

0 Likes

I don't have a CYBT-353027 on my hand. I tested the audio_headset demo with CYW20706 eval board which use the same device with CYBT-353027.

After I download the demo and connect with a phone, I use the client_control tool "AVRC CT" panel to send HCI command. It works fine when the A2DP music is on. I can successfully use the play/pause/next... function.

0 Likes

I have a CYBT-353027-EVAL card and I realized it is only the built in HCI over USB connection that fails. If I connect something else to the HCI UART port (J1) and use it to send commands it works fine.
The same is valid for the PUART channel.
I have no idea why this happens though. 

0 Likes

Please check if you install the right driver for the USB-UART device.

0 Likes