CYBT-343026-EVAL "RFCOMM_Serial_Port project" issue when migrating from Modus toolbox 2.x to 3.x

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JiYa_3557771
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 25 sign-ins 10 questions asked

Hi,

We are trying to use CYBT-343026-01 BT module in our system for wireless communication.

I downloaded Modus toolbox 3.x and downloaded "RFCOMM_Serial_Port". Then following Migrating ModusToolbox™ applications from version 2.x to version 3.x – KBA236134, I tried to get the project working with Modus Toolbox 3.x and failed.

there are a couple of changes here, I am not sure has done correctly:

1. In section 3.2,
"4: If there are custom design configuration files in the COMPONENT_CUSTOM_DESIGN_MODUS/<TARGET_BSP> folder:.... "
I did not find these folder and files, so that I ignored this part.

2. In section 3.3, Add BSP. On the pictures, it highlighted in red "Path to new 3.x application" in the library manager 2.0. I think it means the workplace folder mtw, which contains above SPP project. I intent to use ModusToolbox IDE for further development.

After I updated the library. I built the project and it gave me two errors:
==============================================================================
= Building application =
==============================================================================
make[1]: *** [../mtb_shared/core-make/release-v1.9.1/make/core/build.mk:435: CY_BUILD_mkdirs] Error 1
make: *** [../mtb_shared/core-make/release-v1.9.1/make/core/main.mk:434: secondstage_build] Error 2
"C:/Users/ModusToolbox/tools_3.0/modus-shell/bin/make CY_MAKE_IDE=eclipse CY_MAKE_IDE_VERSION=3.0 CY_IDE_TOOLS_DIR=C:/Users/jieqiu.yang/ModusToolbox/tools_3.0 -j8 all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

What have I done wrong?

0 Likes
1 Solution
advait_kulkarni
25 likes received 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Hi @JiYa_3557771 ,

So I believe your queries have been resolved when you go ahead with project creation without doing the migration steps then. We will check why you were getting that error log regarding migration. We will close this ticket now.

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni

View solution in original post

0 Likes
16 Replies
advait_kulkarni

Hi @JiYa_3557771 ,

In section 3.3, in the library manager window, you have to click on add BSP>select your BSP>make sure it is active>update. Can you please clarify if you have done this step and have added your board?

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni

0 Likes

Hi,

Thank you for quick reply. 

I chose the BSP and it is active. I updated and it said it was successful. attached is the project structure.

spp_migrating.jpg

0 Likes
advait_kulkarni

Hi @JiYa_3557771 ,

Can you please share a zip file of your project so I can debug it here at my end?

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni

0 Likes

Hi Advait,

attached is the project. 

0 Likes

Hi Advait,

I repeated the migrating again, and found that when I added the BSP. The parent directory is not  "Path to new 3.x application" and I cannot change it. Do you think some files are eventually installed into the mtb_shared folder?librarymanager.jpg

0 Likes
advait_kulkarni

Hi @JiYa_3557771 ,

Can you please clarify if the project you have shared is the old version or the migrated version? In case it is old one, can you also share the migrated one and vice-versa?

Also, regarding it showing path to directory, do you mean it is still showing the path to your 2.x workspace? If that's the case then you have not ported it successfully to 3.x and hence it will obviously fail to build. It could be that you have missed one of the steps or have done incorrectly. One of the steps also involves you physically copying your project files to the newer location. So can you please clarify this as well?

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni

0 Likes

Hi,

attached here is the new project before migrating. I created it using IDE/new project. there is a mtb_shared folder is not allow me to zip. 

0 Likes
JiYa_3557771
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 25 sign-ins 10 questions asked

Hi 

I copied this project folder  to another workplace and went through the migrating process. There was no mtb_shared folder now.   When I opened the Library manager 2.0, and provided the path of new workplace, click the new BSP button. I got this screen and it has no CYBT-343026 to choose.

lmscreen.jpg

0 Likes
advait_kulkarni

Hi @JiYa_3557771 ,

I downloaded your migrated project in my MTB 3.x and it is able to build without any errors. So the migration process seems to have been done correctly. Can you try this: Open MTB3.x, launch with creating a new workspace, create new application, choose the correct BSP, browse and select your post-migration project. See if it works and let me know if this leads to any errors. 

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni.

0 Likes

Hi,

I confused a bit on what you said. 

I installed MTB 3.x and launched with creating a new workspace, create new application with CYBT-343026-eval, and choose a template "RFCOMM_Serial_Port". When choosing the template, it shows that the project is in MTB 2.x structure, and some MTB 3.x features are not applicable,  follow KBA236134 to migrating. After the project is created, it can be built with any errors.

The issue has occurred when I tried to migrating the project to MTB 3.x structure. It failed as I said in my first post. Can you tried it on your computer? 

Thanks

0 Likes

Hi @JiYa_3557771 ,

Can you share the screenshot of the entire console logs when you get this message? Also can you try with any other code example and see if you are getting the same error, and share it with us? (Don't do migration).

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni.

0 Likes

Hi

Attached is the information I got when I created the project. As you said, I can build it without any error.

createproject.jpg

0 Likes

Hi @JiYa_3557771 ,

1) I did not get you. So you mean when you just went ahead with the rcomm project without doing the migration, you were able to build it in MTB 3.x successfully?

2) Also did you try with building any other code example in mtb 3.x to see if that is also showing these logs/build errors?

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni.

0 Likes

1. Yes! I created and built the rcomm project without doing the migration in MTB 3.x. It was successful and no error. 

2. I haven't tried any other project yet 

0 Likes
advait_kulkarni

Hi @JiYa_3557771 ,

So I believe your queries have been resolved when you go ahead with project creation without doing the migration steps then. We will check why you were getting that error log regarding migration. We will close this ticket now.

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni

0 Likes

Hi,

I put all information here.

Yes! I created and built the rcomm project without doing the migration in MTB 3.x. It was successful and no error. 

During the creating the project, I saw this information about migrating as I highlighted in the image. I just ignored it and built the project without any error.

createproject.jpg