CYBT-343026-01: Running HTTP server over Bluetooth Classic

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Da_Vinci
Level 2
Level 2
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Hello,

I am using CYBT-343026-01, using Bluetooth Classic is it possible to serve HTML pages over HTTP server using any profile?

Here once I connect to Cypress Bluetooth module and typing IP_address:port_number in web browser on phone or PC I should see the webpage.

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Update:

This configuration cannot form an exact Bluetooth tethering network. Here if communication between SoC and CYBT-343026-01 is PUART whihc will completely lower the data rate and I am not sure how to share the HTTP request and responses encapsulated over PUART. For the tethering network, I guess we have to implement  Bluetooth Network Encapsulation Protocol (BNEP). Please check https://www.bluetooth.com/specifications/specs/personal-area-networking-profile-1-0/. Android has the package BluetoothPan I guess.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DheerajPK_41

Hi,

I didn't get your query clearly. 

Do you want to build something similar to Bluetooth Tethering (PAM) device?

Thanks,

-Dheeraj.P.K

0 Likes

Hello Dheeraj,

I am new to Bluetooth Classic so I am not sure what PAM device is, There will be a server running on SoC. To this SoC CYBT-343026-01 is interfaced over PUART. When I connect to this module by phone or PC > go to the browser > type IP address and port number I should see a webpage!

Will Bluetooth Tethering achieve this requirement? 

0 Likes
DheerajPK_41

Update:

This configuration cannot form an exact Bluetooth tethering network. Here if communication between SoC and CYBT-343026-01 is PUART whihc will completely lower the data rate and I am not sure how to share the HTTP request and responses encapsulated over PUART. For the tethering network, I guess we have to implement  Bluetooth Network Encapsulation Protocol (BNEP). Please check https://www.bluetooth.com/specifications/specs/personal-area-networking-profile-1-0/. Android has the package BluetoothPan I guess.