CYBLE Low Power Mode Issue (Low Current Consumption)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
hhhhhh____
Level 1
Level 1
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

Hi guys, beginner here! Recently I met some problem with the Low power mode in CYBLE, I am using CYBLE-012011-00 and the code example -----AN92584, Designing for Low Power and Estimating Battery Life for BLE Applications. 

Currently I am doing a project which will keep sending the temperature data from ADC, Client can write/send commands to server side and server can do some response afterwards, but no matter how hard I tried to mess with the Low Power Mode, the current always stay in between 15- 14 mA. My expectation is lower than 2mA or lower will be good enough, but somehow I am confused about how the consumption calculated.

Project attached below, thanks for the advices and guidance!

Hh

0 Likes
1 Solution
3 Replies
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello @hhhhhh____ ,

Please refer to the below points:

When using a counter, timer or PWM, you should configure the clock sourcing the channel as to have as low a frequency as possible while still meeting your frequency and accuracy requirements.

Put the device into the DeeSleep mode only when all the UART information has been sent.

Configure all unused GPIOs to analog High-Z unless there is a specific reason to use a different drive mode.

Increase the advertising interval and connection interval of BLE, this will reduce the current consumption.

Please refer to the AN86233 PSoC4 LOW POWER datasheet for more information.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

0 Likes

Hi @Yugandhar, thanks for the reply. I've tried to match the clock frequency and assign the analog-HI-Z to the pin whenever is in idle, but the current wont drop too much, but I will seek through the problem afterwards. I've read through AN86233 as well

Secondly, I would like to ask more about AN92584, Designing for Low Power and Estimating Battery Life for BLE Applications. If I would like to place a statemachine for my whole project and remain the low power mode, where shall I place my statemachine function in or my low power function in? I have been stucked at this part for quite long

Thanks and regards,

Loo Hua Hao

0 Likes

Hi @hhhhhh____ 

Please can you go through the below code example which are based on power management and low power modes.

1) https://github.com/Infineon/PSoC-4-BLE/tree/master/100_Projects_in_100_Days/Day027_BLE_Power_Measure...

2) https://github.com/Infineon/PSoC-4-BLE/tree/master/100_Projects_in_100_Days/Day041_PSoC_4_BLE_Low_Po...

Thanks & Regards

Pratiksha V

0 Likes