[CYBLE-222014-01] Company-ID part of Bluetooth Device Address

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NXTY_Shibutani
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - NEXTY (Japan)
First like given First like received 25 replies posted

Hi,Communites, I have a question about Company-ID part of Bluetooth Device Address

According to the KBA211407 as below,
https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/Setting-Bluetooth-Device-Address-KBA211407...

my customer got their Company-ID form the Bluetooth SIG, but that has only 2-byte(16-bit) value.
I think Company-ID should be 3-byte(24-bit) value.
Is it OK that they add "00" to the upper side of the value?

Best Regards,
Tadamasa Shibutani

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello @NXTY_Shibutani ,

As per our knowledge company_id field can be added with the company identifier(2bytes with 00 prepend). For confirmation, we would recommend to check with Bluetooth SIG support team.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello @NXTY_Shibutani

Q1) Is it OK that they add "00" to the upper side of the value?

Ans: Yes, you can prepend 00.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes
NXTY_Shibutani
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - NEXTY (Japan)
First like given First like received 25 replies posted

Hello, Yugandhar-san,

Thank you for your answer.
But I have another question.

My customer believes they can get Company-ID part of Bluetooth Device Address only from IEEE.
But according to KBA211407, it is written that can be got either from Bluetooth SIG or IEEE.

I found a similar Q&A as below.
https://community.infineon.com/t5/PSoC-6/Company-OUI-and-Company-ID-from-the-Bluetooth-SIG/td-p/3222...

I think it says that Company-ID part of Bluetooth Device Address is got only from IEEE.
Is it right?

Best Regards,
Tadamasa Shibutani

0 Likes

Hello @NXTY_Shibutani ,

As per our knowledge company_id field can be added with the company identifier(2bytes with 00 prepend). For confirmation, we would recommend to check with Bluetooth SIG support team.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

0 Likes