CYBLE-213043

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SURYASUNDAR
Level 2
Level 2
First like given 50 sign-ins First solution authored

Hi,

I currently working with CYBLE-213043 ,Can I use KITPROG3 programmer/debugger to flash externally the module. Could you please let me know what are the requirements for that.

regards

Surya Sundar

0 Likes
1 Solution
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @SURYASUNDAR ,

Kitprog3 is an on board programmer/ debugger that is typically to used to program Infineon's microcontrollers in the evaluation boards. We do not recommend using Kitprog devices as standalone programmers/ debuggers. They may or may not be compatible and we do not guarantee its operation when used on other target devices. 

We highly recommend you to purchase separate USB-UART bridges for programming the AIROC Standalone BT chips.

However, just for testing purpose you can try using kitprog as a USB-UART bridge for programming using HCI UART lines. This should not be used for main scale or production purposes.

Regards,
Bragadeesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
BragadeeshV

Hi @SURYASUNDAR ,

Kitprog3 is an on board programmer/ debugger that is typically to used to program Infineon's microcontrollers in the evaluation boards. We do not recommend using Kitprog devices as standalone programmers/ debuggers. They may or may not be compatible and we do not guarantee its operation when used on other target devices. 

We highly recommend you to purchase separate USB-UART bridges for programming the AIROC Standalone BT chips.

However, just for testing purpose you can try using kitprog as a USB-UART bridge for programming using HCI UART lines. This should not be used for main scale or production purposes.

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes
Hi,
Can you suggest to me which USB-UART bridges for programming the AIROC
Standalone BT chips.And what are the requirements need for that
0 Likes
BragadeeshV

Hi @SURYASUNDAR ,

We do not have any recommended USB-UART bridge. Any USB-UART bridge should work. You may just have to ensure that they operate in the same voltage level. 

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes