CYBLE-014008-00: recommended H/W design

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NXTY_Nagata
Level 4
Level 4
Distributor - NEXTY (Japan)
5 solutions authored First solution authored 100 sign-ins

Dear supporters,

I am designing an IOT product using CYBLE-014008-00.

I have some questions.

1.BEL module placement

Is the A-2 configuration preferable to A-1 when placing a BLEmodule down below?

Or,Are the characteristics of radio wave the same for both A-1 and A-2?

NXTY_Nagata_1-1675232016282.png

2.Effect on capsensing

If a sensors for capsense are placed near the antenna on the BLE module, will capsensing be affected by BLE radio waves?

Is it better to place sensors as far apart as B-2?

If B-1 and B-2 are not recommended , could you give me some advice about recommended sensor placement?

NXTY_Nagata_2-1675232345136.png

Regards,

Nagata

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello @NXTY_Nagata ,

1. Is the A-2 configuration preferable to A-1 when placing a BLEmodule down below?
Ans: A2 is better for antenna placement.

2. If a sensors for capsense are placed near the antenna on the BLE module, will capsensing be affected by BLE radio waves?
Ans: It is unlikely that RF will impact capsense, but the capsense can impact the antenna tuning and radiation pattern.

3. If B-1 and B-2 are not recommended, could you give me some advice about recommended sensor placement?
Ans: For sensors, B2 is better.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello @NXTY_Nagata ,

1. Is the A-2 configuration preferable to A-1 when placing a BLEmodule down below?
Ans: A2 is better for antenna placement.

2. If a sensors for capsense are placed near the antenna on the BLE module, will capsensing be affected by BLE radio waves?
Ans: It is unlikely that RF will impact capsense, but the capsense can impact the antenna tuning and radiation pattern.

3. If B-1 and B-2 are not recommended, could you give me some advice about recommended sensor placement?
Ans: For sensors, B2 is better.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

0 Likes