CYB:E 22014-01 module connection keeps dropping for some phones

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
kawan
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted 5 sign-ins First question asked

Hello ,

My name is Kawan Lotia. I work at a a manufacturing company where we have a custom PCB board made for a project by a hardware/firmware design company. The custom PCB has a Bluetooth communication module inside ( CYBLE 22014-01) which is used for sending data via Buetooth advertising to an APP

Upon trialing the firmware we faced a very weird issue where the bluetooth connection was perfectly stable with some phones(For example Samsung Tab S6 Lite) and for some phones(Samsung Galaxy s9) the connection kep dropping.

We do not have the experience/expertise in programming and making the firmware and the company who was responsible for designing this firmware is not providing any help.

This is an urgent matter for us and we wanted to resolve this at the earliest and with our lack of experience in this matter it will take us too long to resolve this on our own.

Hence we would like to know if Infineon does provide the service of debugging/designing the firmware themselves or if there are any companies/personnel who have an expertise with working on this type of projects or PSOC Creator who would be able to help us debugging tthe firmware at some additional cost?

Any help would be much appreciateding in this matter.

Best Regards,
Kawan Lotia
0 Likes
1 Solution
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

CyBle_ProcessEvents has to be called at regular intervals( at least for every conn interval or adv interval whichever is smaller) in the firmware. If any custom function consumes more time for execution, then this function has to be called inside it. CyBle_ProcessEvents() checks the internal task queue in the BLE Stack, and pending operation of the BLE Stack, if any. 

If Cy_Ble_ProcessEvents function is not calling for enough time in the FW, then set a timer and call the CyBle_ProcessEvents function inside it.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
AnjanaM_61
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Hello @kawan 

Can you please confirm if you tried your project on CYBLE 22014-EVAL board and were able to reproduce the issue ? This will help to confirm whether the issue is with your custom PCB HW or with the code. 

Can you please share your project & steps to reproduce the issue ? So that we can try to replicate the issue at our side ?

Regards,

0 Likes

Hello Anjana,

We haven't tried testing the firmware with the CYBLE 22014-EVAL board but we did try testing our hardware with the BLE_Find Me code and the AIROC App, which was suggested by one of my case support officer(P yugandhar) ( case no : IFX-230502-927142 ) and the connection never dopped between CYBLE 222014-01 and the AIROC App with the BLE_Find Me code. 

0 Likes
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

CyBle_ProcessEvents has to be called at regular intervals( at least for every conn interval or adv interval whichever is smaller) in the firmware. If any custom function consumes more time for execution, then this function has to be called inside it. CyBle_ProcessEvents() checks the internal task queue in the BLE Stack, and pending operation of the BLE Stack, if any. 

If Cy_Ble_ProcessEvents function is not calling for enough time in the FW, then set a timer and call the CyBle_ProcessEvents function inside it.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar. 

0 Likes