Bluetooth Classic range using CYBT-343026-01 modules

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
EdL
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First like received 5 sign-ins

What is the expected Bluetooth Classic range between two CYBT-343026-01 modules?

I am using the EZ-Serial firmware on the CYBT-343026-01 and making a bluetooth connection using SPP. I can make a Bluetooth Classic connection between two CYBT-343026-01 modules from about 100 feet away maximum. I was expecting a range closer to 300 feet.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Are you using the CYBT-343026 module on both sides?

We have tested the connection, it can reach 150 meters even in the worst direction. We used the SPP demo for the test.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

We have tested the BLE connection in full line of sight, free of obstacles environment. It can get ~250 meters at 9 dbm. It should be OK for bluetooth classic in the same environment. You need to test by yourself in other environment.

0 Likes
evandro
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 5 questions asked

@Owen_Zhang123 the range problem seems more during inquiry and connect (using one CYBT-343026-01 as master and another as slave), in our tests with Ez-serial, in an open area, the connect range is only 30 meters (100 feet). After devices are already connected and moving further, the range is better, around 60 meters (200 feet)

This test was using bt_connect (/BTC, ID=14/4) command, maybe default EZ-serial BT classic scan window is too low to detect devices in long ranges?

I don't think it's some interference or something, because we have old RN41 modules and the range is far better in the same test conditions, more than 100 meters (330 feet)

0 Likes

Are you using the CYBT-343026 module on both sides?

We have tested the connection, it can reach 150 meters even in the worst direction. We used the SPP demo for the test.

0 Likes