Bluetooth Classic range using CYBT-343026-01 modules [2]

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
evandro
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 5 questions asked

This is a continuation of this post https://community.infineon.com/t5/AIROC-Bluetooth/Bluetooth-Classic-range-using-CYBT-343026-01-modul...

Context: we are trying to make a product using CYBT-343026-01 modules that can connect between them using classic Bluetooth (SPP) over 100 meters

Problem: In our tests, using Ez-serial firmware, the range is about 30 meters only

In the old post @Owen_Zhang123 mentioned "SPP demo" code that reaches 150 meters, I was able to download and build it using modus toolbox, but this seems SPP server only, what is the SPP client code used?

0 Likes
1 Solution

After a new hardware revision of our board, the range is much better, around 90 meters

So I think problem was in our custom board and the module is fine

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

You can use the RFCOMM_Serial_Port_Multi-Port as a SPP client. Please refer to the instructions for the demo and use the ClientControl to search and connect.

0 Likes

Ok,  the first problem is that this RFCOMM_Serial_Port_Multi-Port example is not directly supported on the board I have here, a CYBT-343026-eval. So I'm trying to adapt it from TARGET_CYW920706WCDEVAL but no success so far

EDIT: I was able to run RFCOMM_Serial_Port_Multi-Port with Client control porting some files from SPP demo that works on CYBT-343026-eval to this multiport project. I'll start testing the range

0 Likes
evandro
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 5 questions asked

Running 2 boards with RFCOMM_Serial_Port_Multi-Port with all default, the discovery range seems the same, about 30 meters.

Is there any way to optimize this? maybe changing with the window or inquiry interval?

with what configurations did you guys test to have 150 meters of range?

0 Likes

@Owen_Zhang123 any suggestion on BT parameters to archive a longer range? The current configuration and module unfortunately is not archiving our project requisite of a min 100 meters range

0 Likes

Where did you test the range. It should be in full line-of-sight environment, free of obstacles or interference sources.

0 Likes

After a new hardware revision of our board, the range is much better, around 90 meters

So I think problem was in our custom board and the module is fine

0 Likes