Bluetooth Audio CYBT-343026-01

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NaAm_1281831
Level 2
Level 2
First comment on KBA 10 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Hi,

Our Application is wired Intercom, and we have  wires(audio connections) running between Central station to Extensions, and we would like to replace these audio connection wires with Bluetooth wireless connection, I am wondering if we can replace the wire by putting two Blue-tooth modules (CYBT-343026-01) one at the Central station and other at Extension point. 

I am not really sure if that is feasible or not. Does these modules talk to only Host devices (like smart phone)?

can we establish wireless audio connection between two Bluetooth modules(CYBT-343026-01) without the help of any smartphone/any other host? Please let me know your thoughts about it.

Thanks,

Naga.

0 Likes
1 Solution
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @NaAm_1281831 ,

Yes, this is possible. One module should act as the Audio source (A2DP source) and other module should be configured as Audio sink (A2DP sink). Please check our github page where we have several example projects on this.

Regards,
Bragadeesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
BragadeeshV

Hi @NaAm_1281831 ,

Yes, this is possible. One module should act as the Audio source (A2DP source) and other module should be configured as Audio sink (A2DP sink). Please check our github page where we have several example projects on this.

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes

Hi Baragadeesh,

Thank you for the response, I am able to find A2DP Sink example, but I found only one  A2DP Source Example, that is Smart Watch  and they are using Apple Media Service (AMS) and Apple Notification Center Service (ANCS).  Could you please recommend any A2DP Source example without Apple Media Service (AMS) and Apple Notification Center Service (ANCS)?

Thanks again for your help and I look forward to your reply.

Thanks,

Naga.

0 Likes
BragadeeshV

Hi @NaAm_1281831 , the audio watch example is highly modular, you can remove services that you don't require. We would be able to help you if you have any questions in implementing A2DP source example using Audio watch as reference.

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes

Hi Bargadeesh,

I am thinking of using the Bluetooth Module CYBT-343026 on CENTRAL Station and EXTENSION units. I see that this module also supports BLE.

Is it possible to broadcast music from Central station to all Extension units? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Naga.

0 Likes
BragadeeshV

Hi @NaAm_1281831 ,

Audio is supported only in BT classic. LE audio is not supported in CYBT-343026 . Also it is not possible to broadcast audio to multiple peer devices. It is a one to one connection.

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes

Hi Bragadeesh,

I would like to verify the A2DP sink option by quickly ordering the  CYBT-353027-EVAL and the TI’s CODEC IC TLV320AIC3120 (Demo board TLV320AIC3120EVM-U Texas Instruments | Development Boards, Kits, Programmers | DigiKey)

I would to the necessary wire hookup between these demo boards, Could please tell me if the above mentioned TI CODEC IC’s I2S interface is compatible to the CYBT-353027?

I look forward to your reply.

Thanks,

Naga.

0 Likes
BragadeeshV

Hi @NaAm_1281831 ,

There is no particular list of 20706 supported codecs. There are no limitations of HW or SW side of module to connect any codec. However, the i2s & i2c pins are multiplexed on 20706, therefore you should go for a codec which can be interfaced via a SPI interface for configuration. Also, you will have to develop the codec library on your own.

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes

Hi Bragadeesh,

I got it, thanks for the info.

Regards,

Naga.

0 Likes