Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

AIROC™ Bluetooth Forum Discussions

jbruneaux
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 questions asked First like given

Hi,

While experimenting with BTSDK (V4.0.0), and trying to establish a SPP connection to a remote device, we were facing an issue with a connection failure. The pairing/bonding is working (using wiced_bt_dev_sec_bond and managing events correctly).

Using BTSpy and hci trace, we oberved that during SPP connection request, the bdaddr was reversed (see the trace bellow, line 42, the first request is using correct bdaddr during bonding process, then line 416, during spp connection, the bdaddr is reversed). We double checked that during spp API call, we were not reversing bdaddr content. Looking at the spp library code (https://github.com/Infineon/btsdk-rfcomm/blob/master/COMPONENT_spp_lib/spp_lib.c) line 183/184, we see that the bdaddr is reversed. We tried the same code but with a small change to line 184 to not reverse the bdaddr and the link was successfully established...

Can you please confirm that either the spp library api documentation must be changed to specify that the bdaddr must be reversed before call (quite ugly) or that there's an issue in the spp library ? If neither of these is correct, then can you point me to a working example of a spp connection initiated from the embedded application (we are using the CYBT-483056-EVAL board based on the CYW20719B2 chipset).

Regards, Jerome

0 Likes
2 Replies
advait_kulkarni
100 sign-ins 100 replies posted 25 solutions authored

Hi @jbruneaux ,

Can you please refer to this code example: https://github.com/Infineon/mtb-example-btsdk-rfcomm-spp and see if it helps. Meanwhile, I will go through the logs you have shared.

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni

0 Likes

Hi @advait_kulkarni 

Have you been able to look at the source code. The example code that you point me to is only a server example, and the connection is not initiated from the firmware, but from the remote device. That's not our usage. In our application, we wan't to create a connection to a remote SPP service.

Regards, Jerome

0 Likes