Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
gautam1joshi
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked 10 sign-ins First reply posted

hello,
i am trying to connect my central device to my peripheral CY-BT 343026 EV board and when i am try BTM_ENCRYPTION_STATUS_EVT this event call often and 3 times at a time and i don't know what this mean, can anyone explain me?

these are the logs of CY-BT 343026 

hello_sensor_conn_up d1 92 29 82 b9 bf id:1
:NVRAM write 155
hello_sensor_gatts_req_cb. conn 1, type 5
req_mtu: 170
hello_sensor_management_cback: 0xc Encryption Status Event: bd ( d1 92 29 82 b9 bf ) res 0encryp change bd ( d1 92 29 82 b9 bf )
res: 0 hello_sensor_management_cback: 0xc Encryption Status Event: bd ( d1 92 29 82 b9 bf ) res 0encryp change bd ( d1 92 29 82 b9 bf ) res: 0
hello_sensor_management_cback: 0xcEncryption Status Event: bd ( d1 92 29 82 b9 bf ) res 0encryp change bd ( d1 92 29 82 b9 bf ) res: 0
hello_sensor_management_cback: 0x17ncryption Status Event: bd ( d1 92 29 82 b9 bf ) res 0encryp change bd ( d1 92 29 82 b9 bf ) res: 0

0 Likes
1 Solution

It will happen several times regarding different states. Read the event data for detailed changes.

And it's a by-notifying event. It doesn't interfere with any of the connections. It merely reports.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Charles_Lai
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hi,

BTM_ENCRYPTION_STATUS_EVT is an BTSTACK event that notifies encryption status change to app. See:
https://infineon.github.io/btsdk-docs/BT-SDK/20835-B1_Bluetooth/API/wiced__bt__dev_8h.html#a4a427fc3...

So what is encryption status change?

encryption status change is the change status that tells you whether the connection is encrypted or what it's doing to change the connection encryption.

-------------------------------------------------

You receive this type of event because your device or the peer device requires/initiates Encryption when starting the connection.

You can learn more about the details by checking the event data or looking into the air log of the connection. 

Best regards

0 Likes

does that mean it cannot connect to device because this happened repeatedly that's why I think it may affect my connection.

0 Likes

It will happen several times regarding different states. Read the event data for detailed changes.

And it's a by-notifying event. It doesn't interfere with any of the connections. It merely reports.

0 Likes