According to the requirements of AN9145, the wrong antenna S11 parameters are simulated

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
carsonwang
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Step by step, according to AN91445 (Antenna Design and RF Layout Guidelines),I used HFSS to simulate the S11 parameters of MIFA antenna.The simulation results are very different from those in Figure 17.
The.brd files of MIFA for a FR4 PCB with 1.6-mm thickness are provided in the AN91445.zip file.Even when the PCB thickness (1.0-1.6mm), ground plane area (20 mm × 20 mm to 50 mm × 50 mm, Based Figure25) and L_tip, L_leg length,(Based Table3 )are adjusted as required,Results similar to Figure17 were not obtained (the best S11 data was about  -5dB).COuld you provide specific PCB critical values and simulation parameters for the results in Figure17 ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
raks_99
First question asked 250 replies posted 250 sign-ins

Hi Cason,

Can you get in touch with the local FAE/Cypress point of contact?. They will help to create a technical case internally to resolve this issue.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
raks_99

Hi Carsonwang,

Welcome to the community. I will get back to you with more information on the results in figure 17 .

Thanks

0 Likes

Thank you very much and look forward to hearing more

0 Likes
raks_99

Hi,

Could you tell me which chipset part this is related to? I see the guideline is related to CY8C series Bluetooth chips.

Thanks

0 Likes
carsonwang
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi

Use CYBL1XXXX series such as CYBL11171-56LQXI;But if the impedance is 50 ohm, the simulation of the antenna is chip independent..We don't have specific chip simulation under HFSS.

Thanks

0 Likes
raks_99

Hi Carsonwang,

I checked internally with the author of the document that you shared, but unfortunately, any other simulation parameters that were used for the figure.17 simulations are not available. All the details that we have are documented in the AN91445 document which you have shared

Thanks and Regards,

0 Likes

Hi

Unfortunately, neither our simulation nor measured results can reproduce the values in Figure 17, or even a similar value can be obtained
I wish the author could clarify the details

Br,

Cason

0 Likes
raks_99

Hi Cason,

Can you get in touch with the local FAE/Cypress point of contact?. They will help to create a technical case internally to resolve this issue.

Thanks

0 Likes

Hi ,

Okay, I will try .

Thanks

0 Likes