non magnetic sensor for rpm

Announcements

Measure CO2 When It Matters - Infineon’s XENSIV™ PAS CO2 now comes in SparkFun Red. Check it now!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
VictorJohnsonan
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hi

I am looking for a sensor that can measure the position of a flywheel of an engine.

Usually this is done with inductive sensors or hal sensors however my engine has 4 magnets on the flywheel so I think those would interfere with the signal I need.

The sensor would need to take over the ignition timing for my engine so I need one that is precise enough to do that..

I was thinking optical to measure teeth on the flywheel with one teeth grind out so it knows where the rotation starts/ends. Would this work for something like this? Rpm range would be up to 8000rpm and should work from standstill if possible for hand starting. Any help is echatrandom appreciated.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Yashraj_P
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 25 likes received

Hi @VictorJohnsonan ,

We provide solutions for different applications using Magnetic sensors, and would like to help you build your application.
If you could provide a general design of the system. Like, how the magnets will be placed on the flywheel, type and design of magnets and also the design of flywheel.

Thanks and regards,
Yashraj

0 Likes
Yashraj_P
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 25 likes received

Hi @VictorJohnsonan ,

Closing this thread due to inactivity. If you need further support, please create a new thread.

Thanks and regards,
Yashraj

0 Likes