about TLE4997

Announcements

Measure CO2 When It Matters - Infineon’s XENSIV™ PAS CO2 now comes in SparkFun Red. Check it now!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mkalinli
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

I have a few questions regarding this sensor. I have PGSISI-2, TLE4997x evaluation board and necessary sensors. I can calibrate the sensor between 0.5V and 2.5V via the interface. 

My first question is: for example, if I calibrate a sensor and apply the same calibration values to other sensors, will I get the same voltage value for all sensors at the same distance? Or do I need to calibrate all sensors individually?

My second question: it will take a long time to calibrate this way in mass production. Can I do the calibration myself with a software? Do you have a source code about it?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yashraj_P
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 25 likes received

Hi @mkalinli ,

It depends on the accuracy you require. Normally the calibration is done for every sensor individually!

If the accuracy needs to be "very high*", then every sensor needs to be calibrated individually!

If the accuracy need is "medium*" a mean value is maybe enough to program every sensor with the same parameters. A mean value may be created by determining the calibration parameters of e.g., 50 samples. This mean value now can be used for all 50 devices. Now check if this parameter set is sufficient for the applications needs. If not -> individually calibration is necessary.

In principle, not every sensor will give exactly the same output voltage with the same parameter set, therefore an individually calibration is necessary.

Thanks and best regards,
Yashraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Yashraj_P

Hi @mkalinli ,

We are looking into this query on our end, will get back soon.

Thanks and regards,
Yashraj

0 Likes
mkalinli
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @Yashraj_P  ,

Were you able to examine it? I need help on this.

0 Likes
Yashraj_P

Hi @mkalinli ,

It depends on the accuracy you require. Normally the calibration is done for every sensor individually!

If the accuracy needs to be "very high*", then every sensor needs to be calibrated individually!

If the accuracy need is "medium*" a mean value is maybe enough to program every sensor with the same parameters. A mean value may be created by determining the calibration parameters of e.g., 50 samples. This mean value now can be used for all 50 devices. Now check if this parameter set is sufficient for the applications needs. If not -> individually calibration is necessary.

In principle, not every sensor will give exactly the same output voltage with the same parameter set, therefore an individually calibration is necessary.

Thanks and best regards,
Yashraj

0 Likes
mkalinli
Level 1
Level 1

Thx @Yashraj_P  ,

So can you share sample c codes with me?

0 Likes
Yashraj_P

Hi @mkalinli ,

We don't have source codes, you have to use the Programmer to calibrate it.

Thanks and best regards,
Yashraj

0 Likes
mkalinli
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @Yashraj_P 

I am able to calibrate the sensors using the programmer. However, this is not a suitable method for mass production. We cannot calibrate a very large qty of sensors this way. We need a shortcut to do this. Isn't the most optimal solution to use MCU? I'm talking about calibrating about half a million sensors. It would take a very long time to do this with the programmer. I need source code to calibrate with any MCU. In addition, if there is another product you can recommend, we can also evaluate it. You can also contact me via e-mail.

0 Likes
Yashraj_P

Hi @mkalinli ,

We recommend a company which has already a productive programmer for TLE4997. Below you find the company info:

There is also one for the new TLE4999C available: https://www.cgs-gruppe.de/de/Produkt/iscm-infineon-tle4999c-c26/

Best regards
Yashraj

0 Likes