Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

3D Hall (Magnetic sensor)

Tuxford
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!
Level 1

Hi All, 

I have two the same sensors in my device.  They work properly on one system but only one works properly on three others. Reason the same - no answer from sensor. 

If I added reading from address 0xFF all stop working by the same reason. Power is ok. 

What the reasons can cause dual behavior?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yugandhar
Moderator First comment on blog 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

Could you please elaborate more on how you are reading from address 0xFF ? Please send a code snippet of this. 

Also, could you please do the swap test(take the failing sensor from the failing board and put it on a working board and see if it still fails) to see if the failure follows the senor or the board.

Please make sure that the pull-up resistors R1 & R2 of the I2C bus are set to recommended values provided in the Data Sheet.

Please check with triggering a general reset. A general reset is trigged by calling the address 0x00 in the I2C interface. This generates an internal reset, refreshes the fuse register settings and re-reads the SDA/ADR line to initialize the I2C bus address. Please refer to the 5.7.1 General reset section for more information.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Yugandhar
Moderator First comment on blog 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

Could you please elaborate more on how you are reading from address 0xFF ? Please send a code snippet of this. 

Also, could you please do the swap test(take the failing sensor from the failing board and put it on a working board and see if it still fails) to see if the failure follows the senor or the board.

Please make sure that the pull-up resistors R1 & R2 of the I2C bus are set to recommended values provided in the Data Sheet.

Please check with triggering a general reset. A general reset is trigged by calling the address 0x00 in the I2C interface. This generates an internal reset, refreshes the fuse register settings and re-reads the SDA/ADR line to initialize the I2C bus address. Please refer to the 5.7.1 General reset section for more information.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

0 Likes