TLI493D-W2bW A0 Shield2Go no I2C ACK

Announcements

Measure CO2 When It Matters - Infineon’s XENSIV™ PAS CO2 now comes in SparkFun Red. Check it now!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
MMductance
Level 2
Level 2
5 sign-ins First solution authored First like received

Hello everyone

I am trying to use the generic library to interface with the TLI493D-W2BW 3D Hall Sensor from a TI microcontroller.  I implemented the interface but the library fails to initialize the sensor which does not seem to respond to any I2C commands, e.g. it does not generate an ACK on the bus (see also attached image).

I have SDA and SCL pulled up via 1.2kOhm resistors to 3.3V and the /INT is pulled up via a 10kOhm resistor to 3.3V.

I verified that the calls to _POWER_ENABLE and _POWER_DISABLE pull the VDD line of the sensor to 3.3V (LED on) and 0V (LED off) respectively.

I'm not sure if I am missing something obvious here?

0 Likes
1 Solution
MMductance
Level 2
Level 2

Hello and thanks for your reply.

I am still not quite sure what the problem was but I was able to interface with the sensor using the regular I2C interface described in the datasheet (without using the generic library).

Best

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Yashraj_P
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 25 likes received

Hi @MMductance , 

Since you are using alternate application circuit with separated SCL and /INT pin, as given in Fig 6 of the Datasheet, the clock stretching is not enabled (described in Section 1.5 Application Circuit). You can try the default configuration by shorting the /INT with the SCL. 

Check whether in your program you are enabling clock stretching and disabling /INT. If yes this should solve the problem.

Could you also try resetting the sensor once using the RESET sequence described in Section 2.3 of the User Manual.

Thanks and regards,
Yashraj

0 Likes
MMductance
Level 2
Level 2

Hello and thanks for your reply.

I am still not quite sure what the problem was but I was able to interface with the sensor using the regular I2C interface described in the datasheet (without using the generic library).

Best

Yashraj_P
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 25 likes received

Hi @MMductance ,

Good to know it is working. Did you do any other changes in configuration? 

Thanks and regards,
Yashraj.

0 Likes