TLE493DW2B6MS2GOTOBO1 Data Acquisition in MATLAB?

Announcements

Measure CO2 When It Matters - Infineon’s XENSIV™ PAS CO2 now comes in SparkFun Red. Check it now!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Keanmon
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First like given First question asked

Good day,

My engineering firm is looking to purchase some TLE493DW2B6MS2GOTOBO1 boards to integrate into some of our magnetic field mapping systems. I read through the item's datasheet and it seems that data acquisition is only obtained via the officially coupled software. I was hoping to be able to integrate the obtained data into a MATLAB script rather than the associated software. Is there a way to obtain the 3-axis Bfield data through the micro USB port without the associated software?

Specifically, does anyone know if the board can be interfaced with via other common software such as MATLAB?

Thanks for your time~

Kean~

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yashraj_P
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 25 likes received

Hi @Keanmon ,

All the 3D sensors communicate via I2C, you can go through the User Manual for programming and interfacing the TLE493D sensor.
Thus, using any micro-controller of your choice and programming the 3D sensor via MATLAB, can solve your problem. 

One solution would be to use Arduino, with the TLE493DMS2Go Kit sensor, connect the Vdd, Gnd, SDA and SCL, use the Github library for TLE493D sensor. So, you can read the serial communication via Matlab.

If you haven't bought the TLE493DMS2Go Kit, you can buy S2GO_3D_TLE493DW2B6-A0 along with XMC1100 2GO kit (OPN: KITXMC2GOXMC1100V1TOBO1). This combo is directly stackable using pin headers and can be used with the same Github library. Thus, again you have to read the serial communication over USB using MATLAB.

Best regards,
Yashraj

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Yashraj_P
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 25 likes received

Hi @Keanmon ,

All the 3D sensors communicate via I2C, you can go through the User Manual for programming and interfacing the TLE493D sensor.
Thus, using any micro-controller of your choice and programming the 3D sensor via MATLAB, can solve your problem. 

One solution would be to use Arduino, with the TLE493DMS2Go Kit sensor, connect the Vdd, Gnd, SDA and SCL, use the Github library for TLE493D sensor. So, you can read the serial communication via Matlab.

If you haven't bought the TLE493DMS2Go Kit, you can buy S2GO_3D_TLE493DW2B6-A0 along with XMC1100 2GO kit (OPN: KITXMC2GOXMC1100V1TOBO1). This combo is directly stackable using pin headers and can be used with the same Github library. Thus, again you have to read the serial communication over USB using MATLAB.

Best regards,
Yashraj

Keanmon
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First like given First question asked

Hi Yashraj,

Thanks for the response! that helps make my product decision easier! I think I will go with the board combo to cut out the Arduino~

0 Likes