Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

3D Hall (Magnetic sensor) Forum Discussions

dkroh
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello community,

I am struggling with the TLE493D-W2B6 sensor. I am using the defined library for the sensor. My speed rate is really slow because I need to use bit banging for this application.

My steps are the following:

1. reseting the chip

reset.png

2. configuration  

write_operation.png

3. trying to read data

read_operation.png

Problem:

The problem is that the device id is accepted during the write operation but not during the read operation and I don't understand it yet.

Has anyone any clever idea which causes this effect?

Thank you and greetings!

0 Likes
3 Replies
PalY
100 replies posted 25 solutions authored 10 likes received

Hi @dkroh ,

The first cause of such read error is, not setting the odd parity bit FP (in Mod1 reg) and CP(in Config Reg).
Please go through the User Manual(Page 12 &13) for checking whether the parity bits are set properly. 

Next, Your PR(in Mod1 Reg) bit is set 0. Thus, your sensor is in 2byte read mode and follows the following frame format for reading in 2-byte mode.

PalY_0-1674626170928.png

Best regards,
Yashraj

0 Likes
dkroh
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Yes you are right with the PR bit but this configuration shouldn't affect the sensor address ACK bit because it is in both modes active...

Is it possible to read the DIAG register back after the startup or the reset sequence without configuring the IC before? Or can this register also be read only after correct configuration?

Just for my understanding: 

The CP or FP bits are calculated by adding all bits of the defined register areas together. Is that correct?

For example for FP the register bits of register 11 [7:5 -> 000] and register 13  [7:5 -> 000, by default] have to be checked together and result in FP = 1.

0 Likes
PalY
100 replies posted 25 solutions authored 10 likes received

Hi @dkroh ,

For clarification FP bit calculation is done by including all the bits within green boundary that is, all 8 bits of Reg 11H and 7:5 bits of  Reg  13H, 

PalY_0-1674829832627.png

Similarly, the CP bit is calculated using the bits within the brown field.

PalY_1-1674830011376.png

Generally, the NACK at read command is due to incorrect setting of these bits. Please confirm that these bits are correct or, you could send me the mentioned register values and I could verify that.

Additionally, it is possible to read the sensor without configuration, but the register fields may not be correct.

Best regards,
Yashraj

0 Likes