Announcements

Measure CO2 When It Matters - Infineon’s XENSIV™ PAS CO2 now comes in SparkFun Red. Check it now!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Ali_
Level 1
Level 1
First like given First question asked Welcome!

Hi There,

I am using TLE493D with A0 and A1 addresses on the same bus. my setting is the default except disable interrupt and active trigger after reading register 0x05 and one-byte read mode. I am polling registers 0 to 5 continuously and some time sensors to stuck. It seems the sensor reset after a while I was wondering if the reset signal which is 0xff 0xff 0x00 0x00 can cause this issue or not. I am not sending a reset signal but I am concerned about it when I read those 6 bytes from one sensor have the same pattern as the reset signal during that cause reset on the other one

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sunil_P
25 solutions authored 10 likes received 100 sign-ins

Hello @Ali_ ,

I hope I understood your question correctly.

Based on my understanding, in order for the reset to occur, both the start- and stop-conditions are crucial. Consequently, it is  not possible for a reset to be initiated by arbitrary data transmitted on the bus.

Here is the command sequence that the microcontroller sends to the sensor to reset it via I2C interface:

Sunil_P_0-1707810014029.png

If I haven't addressed your question properly, kindly rephrase your query.

Best regards,
Sunil.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Sunil_P
25 solutions authored 10 likes received 100 sign-ins

Hello @Ali_ ,

I hope I understood your question correctly.

Based on my understanding, in order for the reset to occur, both the start- and stop-conditions are crucial. Consequently, it is  not possible for a reset to be initiated by arbitrary data transmitted on the bus.

Here is the command sequence that the microcontroller sends to the sensor to reset it via I2C interface:

Sunil_P_0-1707810014029.png

If I haven't addressed your question properly, kindly rephrase your query.

Best regards,
Sunil.