Sensor ranges

Announcements

Measure CO2 When It Matters - Infineon’s XENSIV™ PAS CO2 now comes in SparkFun Red. Check it now!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
VVuatelet
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Dear all,

I'm looking for a wireless magnetic sensor to provide magnetic mapping of somehow powerful magnet (in terms of magnetic field, which goes beyond 1 Tesla). I have been looking for wireless sensor with ranges greater than 1T, but it seems very complicated. Do you have any knowledge about the existence of magnetic sensor with ranges greater than 1 Tesla ? And if not, do you have any clue why it does not go beyond this limitation ?

Thank you for your time

0 Likes
7 Replies
Adithya_S
100 sign-ins First question asked 50 replies posted

Hi @VVuatelet ,

Thank you for reaching out to Infineon Technologies. 

Can you please elaborate what do you mean by the term 'wireless'. Do you mean the interface between the controller and the sensor is via wireless medium. Please confirm if my understanding is correct else please explain your expectations.

Also, please elaborate your application for our better understanding.

Thanks and regards,
Adithya

0 Likes

Hi @Adithya_S,

Thank you for your fast reaction.

Indeed, I mean that I would like a sensor that would be wireless, and I would retrieve magnetic field values via Bluetooth or WiFi or anything else. Hope it is clearer...

Regards

0 Likes
Adithya_S

Hi @VVuatelet ,

Answering to your question, sensors with wireless interface, I would like to mention that the magnetic sensor in our portfolio primarily have two types of interface, digital and analog. The digital interface sensor are generally backed by protocols such as I2C, SPI, SSC etc.

Where as the analog sensor have direct pin connection to the controller. For your requirement where you want have a wireless interface, you can use the sensor in connection with CY8CPROTO-062-4343W (evaluation board based on PSoC 6). This eval board has both Wi-Fi/ BT connectivity. For the documentation related to this eval kit, please visit this link.

Secondly, the requirement of sensor which can measure the magnetic fields greater than 1T,  I would like you please describe the application for which you are trying to use magnetic sensor so that we can make appropriate recommendations.

Thanks and regards,

Adithya

0 Likes
Adithya_S

Hi @VVuatelet ,

Please let us know your application for sensor recommendation. Also, if your query is resolved, please let us know so that we can resolve this thread.

Thanks and regards,
Adithya

0 Likes

Hi @Adithya_S

Thank you for your recommendation on the connectivity. My application is the measurements of accelerator magnet's magnetic field, so I need a sensor with wide range of application (in temperature as well as magnetic field amplitude).

Best regards,

Vincent

0 Likes
Adithya_S

Hi @VVuatelet ,

Thank you for providing the information.

For magnetic sensors, the maximum magnetic field to be applied is 1T. This is the maximum magnetic field that is converted by the signal conditioning circuitry of the sensors.

For your application where you need to measure the accelerator magnet's magnetic field, we would recommend you to explore the 3D magnetic sensor. Please find the documentation related to 3D magnetic sensor here.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and regards,
Adithya

0 Likes
Adithya_S

Hi @VVuatelet ,

I hope you were able to go ahead in your project. If your issue is resolved, please let us know so that we can close this thread.

Thanks and regards,
Adithya

0 Likes