Need for enhanced magnetic simulator

Announcements

Measure CO2 When It Matters - Infineon’s XENSIV™ PAS CO2 now comes in SparkFun Red. Check it now!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
dsmej
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Hi,
I need to do a simulation of TLV493D with a ring magnet (17.5mm Inner Diameter and 22.5mm outer diameter), but 3D Magnetic Tool  (https://design.infineon.com/3dsim/) is limited to small magnets (4mm ID and 8mm OD max.).
Would INFINEON have an enhanced simulator that allow to run simulation with bigger magnets ? 

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Yashraj_P
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 25 likes received

Hi @dsmej ,

We simulated your results, as per the requirement, here I am attaching the code, results of magnetic fields and, angles calculated, and also the simulated magnet and sensor.
If you need further assistance please do ask.

Thanks and best regards,
Yashraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Yashraj_P

Hi @dsmej , 

If your simulation requires Angular measurement, with the ring magnet.
1. You can select User-Defined in the Magnet Selector page. And select the Diametrical Magnetized Ring. And then click on next step.
Screenshot (378).png
2.  In the Specify Magnet Parameter page, just enter the magnetic properties, as per requirement. As you can see the Inner diameter and Outer Diameter can be set as per the requirements.
Screenshot (379).png
Apply magnet properties and get simulation results. 
If you need further support, do let us know.

Thanks and regards,
Yashraj

0 Likes
dsmej
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Yashraj,
That's what I did
In both Chrome and Firefox, I'm unable to set inner diameter (ID) to 17mm and outer diameter (OD) 22 mm using keyboard: when typing these numbers in the related fields, values are automatically changed to other values.
Which web browser are you using ?

0 Likes
lock attach
dsmej
Level 1
Level 1

I also tried with Edge, and have similar behaviour 🤔
I managed to reach correct values using lift arrows, but it's not really convenient...

0 Likes
Yashraj_P

Hi @dsmej , 

I used the simulator on Edge browser, using keyboard only.
There are some issues with this, and we will get them fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
If you have access to Python you can use Magpylib, to simulate more custom designs. 

Thanks and regards,
Yashraj.

0 Likes
lock attach
Yashraj_P

Hi @dsmej

Could please share the application details so I could help you with simulating it with Magpylib.
To use Magpylib, please follow the installation guide from the Installation page.
For your help here I have attached a test code- "ring_magnet.py" simulating a ring magnet as per your specification and also, an example application which you could change to your custom needs.

Thanks and regards,
Yashraj

Thanks and regards,
Yashraj

0 Likes
lock attach
dsmej
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Yashraj for Ring MagpyLib Ring magnet model.
Magnet to consider has (see attached picture):
- 17.5mm inner diameter
- 22.5 mm outer diameter
- 5.5 mm thickness
Estimated magnetization is 0.308T and sensor is planned to be placed at 1 mm airgap from upper magnet  surface at 11 mm from rotation axis

0 Likes
lock attach
Yashraj_P

Hi @dsmej ,

We simulated your results, as per the requirement, here I am attaching the code, results of magnetic fields and, angles calculated, and also the simulated magnet and sensor.
If you need further assistance please do ask.

Thanks and best regards,
Yashraj

0 Likes