Can any one share the calculation process of atan2, atan of hall sensor design

Announcements

Measure CO2 When It Matters - Infineon’s XENSIV™ PAS CO2 now comes in SparkFun Red. Check it now!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Gang_Yu
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hello,

I am using website tool of magnetic design tool to design a speed measurement system using 3D hall sensors.

I make one simulation based on the website tool.

I get result, like Bx, Bz, distance, error. ..

When  i go to detail calculation process, using Bx, Bz, Atan(Bx/Bz according to application notes), while i can't get same result as showed by website tool.

Any one can make an explanation of the website calculation process ?

Another point, we want to make DOE analysis, if the hall sensor has some mis-alignment, or mis-orentation. So, we need to do a lot of calculation loops, in this way the website calculation is not convenient.

Is ti possible to share us formula, how you calculate Bx, By, Bz from permanent in your website tool, so we can make DOE calculation in excel, or in your other tools.

For website tool, it is impossible to do DOE, or parameter sensitive analysis, you need to input parameter one by one, and record result, it is very time consuming.

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Neo_Lu
50 replies posted 5 likes given 100 sign-ins

Hi, Gang Yu

Thank you for your question and sorry for the late respond.

There is a demo code based on Arduino for TLE493D and there some example codes including how to calculate the speed can be found in below link:

https://github.com/Infineon/TLE493D-3DMagnetic-Sensor/tree/master/examples 

I hope this can help you.

Thank you,

Neo Lu

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Neo_Lu
50 replies posted 5 likes given 100 sign-ins

Hi, Gang Yu

Thank you for your question and sorry for the late respond.

There is a demo code based on Arduino for TLE493D and there some example codes including how to calculate the speed can be found in below link:

https://github.com/Infineon/TLE493D-3DMagnetic-Sensor/tree/master/examples 

I hope this can help you.

Thank you,

Neo Lu

0 Likes